{Book Stack} all the good book reviews + aesthetics

March 23, 2019








Hello guys! I'm back for another post and this time I've written about two books I really enjoyed this winter.

Small Note: { Minor content warnings for the first book // Lots more content warnings for the second one } I want to be mindful of the more conscientious readers here and make sure to give you a heads up about that sort of thing even though I can be quite insensitive to it. 

You can always shoot me an email {worldthroughherheart@gmail.com} if you want more thorough ratings/spoiler free details.



The Shell Collector

Lovely, ethereal, deeply human, fragile yet strong...Anthony Doerr's ability is defined by his agility of description. How he wraps simple human experience into layer upon layer of complexity. 

Honestly Doerr could write about a potato growing and I'd probably happily read it. SO I"M A LITTLE BIT BIASED. But seriously he writes unlike any modern day author I've encountered. This is one of my top favorite short story collections. Poetry in prose. 

My favorites in this collection are:  The Caretaker, So Many Chances and The Hunter's Wife
 


Aesthetic 

snail shells // elk // snow // pain // understanding // a melon patch // division // an exotic jungle // fragility // beautifully flawed people // running // nature // pie // a circus // northern beach // fly fishing // wild animals 







Radio Silence


This book really got me on many levels, non romantic guy girl friendships, online nerdy stuff (SOMEONE MAKES PODCASTS AND ITS LIKE NIGHT VALE BUT KINDA BETTER??) , British accents (ENGLAND SET NOVELS? YES), struggling with school and the pressure of society etc.

According to Alice she wrote this while at uni and her hate of it fueled a lot in this book. I love how it represents that you DON"T HAVE TO CONFORM TO THE SOCIAL NORM to live a happy and successful life (e.g. going to college vs not going doesn't mean you're dumb and will be unsuccessful in life) As I'm also an artist, currently on a non conventional school path, reading about this in a story was such encouraging representation.

Now I know it wasn't a perfect story or book and while I know there are details that would make some uncomfortable I liked it and related to it so much.



Aesthetic

  podcasts // marvel themed clothes // nerdy references // the best guy girl friendship // LGBTQ // smart kids and not so smart kids // lots of angst // diverse characters //  fan art // online world tension // dealing with fame // the sweetest supportive mother // toxic family environments 








// What are some great books you've been reading lately? Give me a little rundown of what they're about! I'm always down to lengthen my TBR with your suggestions :)

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. You are the QUEEN of aesthetics. <333

    I'll have to look into The Shell Collector! Sounds stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 THANK YOU :') and you most definitely SHOULD

      Delete
  2. Yes, I agree with Lila! These look so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These two look great! And your aesthetics are awesome ;D

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kinda want to read both of these now. Your posts are so aesthetic. Honestly, you could write a post about paint drying and I'd read it. 😂😂 Your words, just your entire writing voice, its so strong and wistful and beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IVIE I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE *cries* <333 thank you so much.

      Delete
  5. This post is so beautifully written and so aesthetic, oh my word. <33

    ReplyDelete
  6. These books sound so interesting and i love your collages, Anna. :)
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely love your blog, so inspiring.I am Following now!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you so much for your comments, they always make my day. I allow anonymous users to comment on my blog, but any crass, profane, pointless criticism and mean comments will be deleted. Remember to check back or click notify because I reply to all of my comments!
Have a Blessed day <3

My Pinterest

Let's Be Friends

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe