Whew, you think. What a title! I know, it's quite overwhelming. *half smile* But it's very important. Ok, let's get down to the point!
We live in a society that encourages low standards, both behavioral and psychological. Today I want to address a problem in writing. Are you with me warrior? Let's get into this!
It's obviously no secret to us that today's YA and popular books are filled with junk. Books that promote darkness, lust, immorality, the explicit and...the list could go on forever. I used to think I could read an otherwise good book, focus on the good parts and just deal with the bad parts, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Those mental pictures, once ingrained are incredibly hard to remove and come back to taunt you when you're weak. Because in short this sort of literature while sometimes wonderfully written with a potentially wonderful story, glorifies something God would never glorify. I am a strong believer in good, realistic literature, but we absolutely DON'T have to add in all the details and take the reader through the scenes as if it was a thrill ride. We also DON'T have to glorify or thrill our readers with horror or the explicit. In fact, we SHOULDN'T
Dear writers, dear readers, dear human who is reading this today. Don't support low expectations, today REBEL against these cultural norms. I'm only one out of a growing group, started by the wonderful Gray, that is fighting against this, will you join us today? Click the picture below to read the original post and join the army! Come on CLICK Warrior! XD
SO! What can you do?
1. Share the #RebelliousWriting picture on any of your social media and link Gray's Article.
2. Twitter post! Hashtag! Let's get this out there people! :)
2. If you have a blog, write a post on this! Expose, suggest, give ideas to your readers.
3. A writer? Join us. Let's use our God given talents to create clean decent reading material for today and tomorrow's generation.
4. A reader? Support clean and good literature and refuse to purchase books of low morale. There are plenty of reviews online. Take your time in your research, you are doing this not only for us but for your future children, the future generation. Remember that.
5. Help raise a lover of good books. Take a child under your wing, sibling, cousin, nephew or niece, a friend, a child. Take the time to read or recommend a good book. This is more than worth your time. Remember...As you do to one of these little ones, so you do to me.
Here's to #RebelliousWriting and Rebelling Against Low expectations!
Will you join the Army? What are your ideas?
Share, share, share! Your input always means so much to me! <3
Don’t let anyone look down
on you because you are young,
but set an example for the believers
in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.
(1 Timothy 4:12)